Since 1974, NAFI has proactively pioneered reforms that have become the hallmark of serving children, youth, adults and families across the country. Throughout the years, our unique innovations have included special initiatives, stand-alone programs, and partnerships designed to impact those we serve and the communities they live in.
NAFI’s innovations include:
- Advancing evidence-based programming for more effective and efficient use of resources
- Normative Learning Community (NLC), an initiative designed to improve the culture of our nation’s schools
- Youth Link, a prevention initiative that engages community youths and provides an alternative to gang recruitment
- Youth and Police Initiative (YPI), a program that has brought positive change to the nation’s toughest neighborhoods by building trust between at-risk youth and local beat officers
- Parenting with Love and Limits (PLL), the first evidence-based program of its kind to combine parent education with “coaching” sessions for adolescents and their parents
- The Captive Advantage, a member-owned group captive insurance company created for human service organizations