NAFI/NFI has an outstanding reputation for providing quality and practical training opportunities that prepare employees for working within the human service field. Our expertise, research-based and hands-on approach to teaching allows employees to learn within a comfortable and supportive environment. This holistic approach to teaching and learning impacts the clients we serve in boundless ways, as staff are prepared and eager to perform their jobs with care, respect and invaluable knowledge based on best practice research.
The NAFI Connecticut Training Institute has also provided training consultation and program assessment both in and out of state based on the individual needs of each school, program, agency or department. Some of this training and consultation has included: Program assessment, Facilitated strategic planning retreats, Organizational Leadership Teambuilding and Support, Building Safe and Strong Environments for Employees/Youth as well as work with Educational Systems and Schools.
Additional trainings include but are not limited to:
- Evidence Based Models & Community Based Programming
- Developing and Implementing Outcome-Based Treatment Plans
- Developing and Implementing outcome-Based Behavioral Plans
- Clinical Supervision
- Managerial Skills for Clinical Personnel
- Various skills for teaching and working with Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Developing a Quality Assurance System that Engages All Stakeholders
- Consultation and Technical Assistance for Accreditation (through Council on Accreditation)
- Foster Care Pre-Service Training Series (meets DCF requirements for licensing)
- Working with Girls in Your Home: A gender-responsive approach to parenting
- Developing a Therapeutic Relationship with Your Foster Child: Practical skills and techniques